No products in the cart.
Fabric Like Water Soluble Stabilizer
Fabric-like Water Soluble:
20″ X 5 yards
– Use for stand alone lace embroidery designs
– Use with in-the-hoop embroidery designs that have a satin stitched edge
– After stitching the design, cut away the excess stabilizer
– Rinse away the stabilizer
– Can be pressed with a dry iron and using a press cloth
The majority of my students use this product for making lace; cover stitch thread scarves, etc. When hooping it's best to use strips of the rubber drawer lining product or a similar item like a medical tape that clings but has no adhesive to it. Some of the drawer lining products are heavier but I prefer the thinner product. When using the drawer lining product, cut narrow strips about 3/4″ wide. For a 5″ x 7″ hoop you will need two strips about 3-4 inches long and two strips about 6″ long. Lay the stabilizer on the lower hoop and place the gripping strips on top of the fabric like water soluble stabilizer (#1). Continue hooping using the inside hoop (#2). The stabilizer needs to be drum tight in the hoop.